Administrative & Service Activities
CURRENT ADMINISTRATIVE AND TEACHING APPOINTMENTS
University in Riyadh, to establish a dental school at Prince Sultan University
Director of Dentistry Riyadh Al Kharj Military Hospitals (RKH) Duties include administration, staffing, evaluation of 140 Dentists and 120 Dental Assistants, 25 dental technicians and 25 Dental Hygienists. During past 7 years, we have renovated the Dental Dept. at RKH and expanded its facilities from 40 treatment rooms to 198 distributed over 12 dental center locations throughout the Riyadh area. Major contributions were:
- Introduction of modern facilities
- Standardization of Methodologies and operating procedures.
- Introduction of Information Technology into patient care.
- Improve utilization of Dental assistants and established Dental Assistant training programs.
- Emphasis on Prevention in Oral and Dental Healthcare and initiated School Based Dental Clinics in Military Elementary Schools in Riyadh.
- Establish Dental Supply Systems and Organization
- Increased productivity of patient care (more than 120,000 patients treated annually)
- Staff training programs initiated in collaboration with the Prince Abdulrahman Advanced Dental Studies Institute.
- Initiate Dental Research ( Dental Diabetes Clinic)
- for further details on achievements click on 7 years at RKH
Director of Prince Abdulrahman bin Abdulaziz Advanced Dental Studies Institute, Riyadh Saudi Arabia.. The institute was built as a result of a cooperative agreement between USC and RKH in 1998 and is a 2 year AEGD program. The center houses 45 dental clinics and has graduated 77 and currently has 24 enrolled post-graduate Dentists for M.O.D. A. (Ministry of Defense and Aviation) dentists. Additionally, the Institute is training the Saudi Advanced Restorative Board residents (SBARD). The AEGD program consists of advanced practical training in the most current methods of dental treatment in endodontics, oral surgery, periodontics, pedodontics, preventive dentistry and restorative dentistry. Throughout the two years, guest speakers from USC participate in teaching current dental methods being taught at USC. The long-range objectives were to train all RKH and other M.O.D. dental staff which will be accomplished this coming year. The program goals and philosophies are:Improve and develop diagnostic, clinical treatment and patient management skills in advanced general dentistry.
Advanced training in clinical endodontics, perio-dontics and restorative dentistry as a foundation for advanced speciality for those who desire to specialize in these areas.
Develop clinical knowledge of the diagnostic aspect of medico-dental relationships.
Develop leadership skills to operate, manage, and supervise a dental healthcare facility.
Develop skills to supervise and utilize paradental and auxiliary staff such as DSA, DH, and dental lab technicians.
Develop skills to teach basic dentistry.